Side French Braid is the latest tutorial for this hairstyle. I have an older version that you can see here, but I thought it was time to update it.
I recently wore this hairstyle and post the picture on Instagram, so of course I wanted to create a new tutorial.
I hope you enjoy it and check out the Dutch Braid Version!
Follow these steps for the French Braid page:
- Start with a side panel on the right side.
- Take a strand of hair on the heavy side of the part and divide it into three smaller pieces.
- Cross the back strand over the middle.
- Then cross the front strand over the middle.
- Cross the back strand over the middle and bring a hair piece from the back to form the French braid.
- Repeat step 5 with the front strand.
- Continue to braid the left side of the face, holding the braid close to the hairline.
- Pull the hair from the opposite side of the head as soon as the braid reaches above ear level.
- Weave your hair into a regular braid as soon as all the hair is pulled in.
- Braid half way down and untie the braid.
- Loosen the braid by gently pulling on the edges.
- Also loosen the French braid by pulling only on the original braid and not on the retracted parts.
- Pull any pieces around the face or ears.
- Ready with hairspray.