Adding a quick braid to a ponytail is an easy way to put it on. This page swept hairstyle features a pretty Dutch braid and wrapped with hair to give it a more delicate feel. I love to wear side ponytails, especially because they are a bit more elegant than your typical tall ponytail or low pony. Let me know what you think in the comments and do not forget to mark me on Instagram if you recreate this style!
Here are some other great ponytail hairstyles to try!
- Dutch Fishtail Side Ponytail
- Double braided ponytail
- Dutch Mohawk ponytail
Side-sweeping Dutch Braid Ponytail Accessories:
- Paddle brush
- Clear elastic band
- * optional: 1 “curling iron
- Hold hair spray firmly
Side-sweeping Dutch Braid Ponytail Instructions:
- Step 1 / Start brushing your hair, then sweep over your left shoulder.
- Step 2 / Take a 2 “wide section of hair on the right side of the part and two smaller sections directly behind it, one to the right and one to the left.
- Step 3 / Start a Dutch weave by crossing the side strands under the middle section.
- Step 4 / Begin by incorporating into small sections of hair while the braid runs diagonally across the back of the head to the left neck.
- Step 5 / When the braid reaches the neck, take the remaining hair and wrap it around the braid.
- Step 6 / Wrap an elastic band around the hair, including the ends of the hair that are wrapped around the braid.
- Step 7 / * Optional: Grab your favorite curling iron and add some curls to the ends of the ponytail.
- Step 8 / Spray both the top and the braid with solid hairspray and flatten any overflights.