New Year’s Eve is almost here and this side swept Dutch braid would be the perfect party look! Whether you’re out for dinner with someone or wanting to dance the night away, this look is glamorous yet effortless with its feathery locks and peek-a-boo braids. Combine it with a bold lip and a glittering dress for a look that’s sure to be a favorite among the crowd.
Side Swept Dutch Braid Supplies:
- Teasing brush
- Tangle Ease Brush
- 10-12 hair pins
- 1 “curling iron
- Hold hair spray firmly
Side Swept Dutch Braid Instructions:
- Step 1 / Use the end of a hanging brush to divide the hair on the left side; then brush through the hair, especially the hair sweep over the left shoulder.
- Step 2 / Separate a 3 “wide section behind the right ear.
- Step 3 / Divide the section into three smaller parts.
- Step 4 / Cross the left strand under the middle, then the right strand under the middle to start a Dutch braid.
- Step 5 / Next, cross the left strand under the middle and pick up a small piece of hair from the top of the head. Cross this section under the middle and put it in the braid.
- Step 6 / Now cross the right strand under the middle and bring a part of the neck area.
- Step 7 / Continue to braid the hair to create a horizontal braid from the right ear to the left ear.
- Step 8 / Once the braid reaches behind the left ear, attach it to the head with several hair clips.
- Step 9 / Take a small 1 “hair piece from above the braid on the left side of the head.
- Step 10 / Turn the section upwards and put it against the head where the braid ends.
- Step 11 / Wrap the piece up to form a loop and attach the loop next to the braid with bobby pins.
- Step 12 / Next, separate another piece of hair (running slowly on the hairline), bring it back to the braid, grind the hair and fix it next to the braid.
- Step 13 / Combine the two tails from the pins and create a third loop among the previous two.
- Step 14 / Take a third section of hair, next to the face or hairline, and sweep it back and secure it under the loops.
- Step 15 / Once the hairstyle is fixed, gently loosen the sides of the braid to make it thicker. Then gently grasp and loosen the hair on the crown over the braid to create volume and tighten or loosen the fixed loops until it looks the way you prefer.
- Step 16 / Use a 1 “curling iron to hang the ends of your hair over your shoulder before you put the style with a firm hold of hairspray.