Summer is coming fast and I have put together some great ideas for hot hairstyles. I recently posted a bunch of pictures on Snapchat asking who you want to see as a tutorial. This one has a lot of votes and I was so happy because it was one of my favorites.
I feel like this style has such a boho atmosphere and I love how complicated it looks. Of course, once it’s split in stages, it’s definitely feasible and perfect for the Coachella season that’s taking place! Even if you do not go, it’s always a good idea to wear a cute haircut, even if it’s just for fun! I hope you enjoy my rest of hairstyle! Please let me know if you rebuild this look or create your own version of it!
Equipment details: CREAM RUFFLE TOP | Inspo picture
Stacked Fishtail Elastic Braid Supplies:
- 6 hair clips
- 1 hair clip
- 5-6 Clear elastic bands
- Medium hairspray
Stacked Fishtail Elastic Braid Instructions:
- Step 1 / For this hairstyle, start by parting the hair on the right side.
- Step 2 / Now spread a small piece of hair on the heavy side of the part, near the middle, and braid it into a normal three-strand braid. Then cross two bobby pins across the floor and cut it out of the way.
- Step 3 / Now create a Dutch fishtail braid under the previous braid, cut it into sections and continue it on the left side of the head until it reaches the left ear.
- Step 4 / Braid the section a little further down before going over the braid and pulling along the edges to make it wider and fuller. Pull two hairpins over the ends so they do not fall apart.
- Step 5 / Now lower the 3-strand braid and place it in the middle of the fishtail braid.
- Step 6 / Then braid the braid through the fishtail braid so that the ends come out underneath.
- Step 7 / Now wrap the braid around the back of the head, fix it with bobby pins and remove the crossed ones.
- Step 8 / Continue to separate a small piece of hair from the right side of the head. Twist this together and place it over the ends of the fishtail braid and fix it in place.
- Step 9 / Now make a series of Topsy Tails, divide a small section of hair from the right and left side of the head and tie them together with a transparent elastic band.
- Step 10 / Then turn the tail around the elastic band so that the sides are twisted. Then pull it under the braid and carefully loosen the edges of the twist so it looks a little better.
- Step 11 / Now create another Topsy tail with the hair on the neck. Tie off with a rubber band, turn the ends around the rubber band and then pull at the edges to make the twists fuller.
- Step 12 / Then make two or three more top tails to work the remaining hair. You can create as many or as few Topsy Tails as you like. I like to leave a bit of hair on the ends, but you can go all the way to the ground if you prefer.