Style a wire hair accessory by simply throwing it around your favorite ponytail. Whether it’s the high ponytail, the perfect pony or the sleek low ponytail, a wire accessory adds the finishing touch to your look.
I went shopping with my sister when we strolled over to American Eagle Outfitters and my eyes fell on that pretty, strawberry-studded, riveted hair piece. I was confused at first what it could possibly be used for. Then I decided it would be perfect to wrap your ponytail and bring it home to try it out. There are a number of other ways you can style this accessory, so I’m curious how you would wear it. Do tell!
Follow these simple steps to get your own perfect pony:
- Sweep your hair back into a high ponytail.
- Grab your favorite rubber band. Make sure it is metal-free to avoid chipping.
- Catch these hairs to a pony.
- Grab your wire accessories and center it on the ponytail.
- Wrap the accessory down so that the ends touch under it.
- Cross the ends and wrap them up again.
- Criss the ends over the top and bend the ends down.
- Voila! Finish with hair spray and you’re done!