Summer is upon us and I have put together some great, hot hairstyles! I plan to give up hot tools when the weather is really warm, and that would be a great hairstyle to try out. I love to braid my hair on the second or third day because the texture is easier to apply after a little dusting with dry shampoo. This style takes less than 10 minutes and you can even turn off the fishtail braid for a normal one when you’re in a super rush. If you rebuild this look, I would like to know in the comments below!
Topsy Tail Fishtail Braid Instructions:
- Step 1 / Start by splitting the hair where you normally prefer. Cut a portion of hair from the part to the left ear.
- Step 2 / Split a similar sized section on the right side of the head.
- Step 3 / Attach the two sections to the back of the head and tie them together with an elastic band.
- Step 4 / Turn the ends up and around the rubber band to create a topsy tail.
- Step 5 / Carefully pull on the edges of the turns to make them fuller.
- Step 6 / Take two new strands of hair and tie them under the first.
- Step 7 / Turn the ends up and around the elastic band to create a second Topsy tail. Split the tail in half and pull in opposite directions to tighten the rotation under the previous one.
- Step 8 / Take the remaining hair and braid it into a fishtail braid.
- Step 9 / Braid the hair in a fishtail braid to the bottom and tie the end with an elastic band.
- Step 10 / Pull on the sides of the fishtail to make it wider and fuller. Then adjust the style with a medium-hard hairspray.