Tuck and Cover French Braid Half with a bun is the next tuck and cover.
It’s a combination of Tuck and Cover French Braid and Tuck and Cover Half with a slight bun thrown.
It’s good enough that it’s perfect for a party or even a wedding, but still casual enough that it can be worn for shopping or even dinner for a date night!
I’m literally in love with this hairstyle! It’s so easy to do, I hope you will try it and love it too!
Here are the steps to make your own version of the Tuck and Cover French Braid Half with a bun, phew!
- Start with a side panel on the right side of the head.
- Divide a hairline at the top of the hair, about an inch back from the hairline.
- Put this section out of the way.
- Grab your favorite stretchy headband and put it in the part created by the set section, pull it down to the head end to attach it to the head. * If your headband is not tight, it may still work because the finished hairstyle will help keep it in place.
- Lower the fixed section so that it is above the headband.
- Take a strand of hair on the heavy side of the part and divide it into two parts, front and back.
- Grab a third piece of hair on the back of the headband to form the three strands to start a braid.
- Cross the back strand over the middle.
- Cross the front strand above the middle and make the first stitch of a normal braid.
- Cross the back strand in the middle and add a strand of hair from the back of the headband as the beginning of a French braid.
- Repeat step 10 with the front piece and continue with the French braid.
- Continue to braid a French braid over the headband until it reaches the back of the left ear.
- Take the braid and put it in the headband to form the first fold and the “fold and blanket”. ** If the braid is loose, secure the fold with a few hairpins.
- With the tail slipping down, grab another hair part and put it around the hair band again.
- Switch to the right side of the head and put a strand of hair near the front of the face around the headband.
- Add another hair part to the tail and put it back in the headband.
- Tuck two more sections of hair around the headband or until the entire headband is hidden by hair.
- Combine the remaining hair and turn it around so that everything is together.
- Wrap the twist clockwise in a donut shape.
- Stick the bun with hairpins by the edges and hide it under the bun.
- Pull gently on the sides of the bun to get a bigger bun. This is important for the overall symmetry of the hairstyle.
- Put the style with hairstyle and you are ready to go!
Look at the other versions of this hairstyle.
Original tuck and cover
Tuck and Cover Video Tutorial
Tuck and cover half
Tuck and Cover Great Gatsby Style
Tuck and cover French Braid
Tuck and Cover French Braid Video Tutorial
Tuck and Cover Fishtail braids
Tuck and Cover French Braid half with a bun