Today’s tutorial is another Halloween-inspired look! I have recently picked up this cute headband and soon found this costume idea again. I love this twisted mermaid braid and think it could be worn any day of the week too! It’s created with a few twists and turns held together by a French braid ending in a fishtail braid (of course )! Complement the look with a pretty crown and chic make-up and you can be a merry mermaid princess in the coming holidays.
Find more great Halloween and Mermaid hairstyle ideas here!
- Halloween Cat Makeup Tutorial
- Bohemian Fishtail French Braid
- Braid beautifies Bohemian fishtail
Twisted Mermaid Braid Accessories:
- Paddle – brush
- 2 haircut clips
- 1 Clear elastic bands
- 18-20 hair clips
- Hold hair spray firmly
Twisted Mermaid Braid Instructions:
- Step 1 / Start by brushing your hair to remove any tangles.
- Step 2 / Divide the hair into three vertical sections, a right and left side, and a middle section at the back of the head.
- Step 3 / Clip the left and right sides out of the way with two hair clipper clips.
- Step 4 / Create a French braid with the middle, rear section; Braid the hair into a fishtail braid before setting it with a clear rubber band.
- Step 5 / Remove the clips from the side panels.
- Step 6 / Separate a 1 “section of hair near the top of the hairline on the right side.
- Step 7 / Twist the section together, then gently pull on the edges of the spin to make it fuller.
- Step 8 / Place it over the French braid, on the left side, and fix the twist, anchor it with the French braid.
- Step 9 / Separate a 1 “long piece of hair on the left side, repeat the previous steps, twist it, pull it apart and drape it under the first turn, and fix it in place.
- Step 10 / Take turns hair piece, twist and drape over the French braid until all hair is twisted and nailed down.
- Step 11 / With the last section of hair, drape it over the braid before wrapping it around the braid a second time and tucking it under the neck.
- Step 12 / Add a nice golden headband and spray the style with a firm hold hairspray to finish the look.