This hairstyle is a spin off of the Double Waterfall Braids Fishtail Bun from “12 Braids for Summer”.
I love this braid because it looks complicated; The secret, however, is that it is indeed a waterfall and a French braid. I’ve created a few different styles with this combination and I’m always ready for how cool it looks in the end. With the prom just around the corner, I’ve had a couple of requests for fancy updos that are perfect for a dance and decided to spice things up with a little clip on one side.
If it does not seem too complicated, I hope you give it a try and let me know what you think! Be sure to tag me on Instagram so I can see your version of the look!
Waterfall French Braid Messy Bun
- Step 1 / Separate one section of hair from the part to the left ear and cut off the back part.
- Step 2 / Split the front part in half and remove the front part.
- Step 3 / Create a waterfall braid and tie the braid with an elastic hair band.
- Step 4 / Form a French braid with the front part and pull in the waterfall strands to get a combined braid.
- Step 5 / Fädle all hair into a ponytail together.
- Step 6 / Wrap a hair band around your hair and pull the hair through only halfway on the last turn.
- Step 7 / Pull the top of the loop against your head and put it in place.
- Step 8 / Take the hair hanging down and wrap it around the left side of the bun, pinning it.
- Step 9 / Plug in any strands that hang loose.
- Step 10 / Spray the style with hairspray and add a pretty clip.