Waterfall French Braid Updo has a waterfall and a French braid on the right, a fishtail French braid on the left side, all tied together to a chic low knot. I always feel inspired by so many new hairstyles and I love playing around with different ideas. This hairstyle was just that, but I love the result and I think it would be perfect for a dance, a special occasion or just to wear in the office if you feel like it.
The combination of waterfall braids and French braids is definitely my new favorite passion, probably from this tutorial, this and even this one! Follow this step and create this look at home!
Waterfall French Braid Updo Tutorial
- With a deep side part, take a piece of hair at the back of the crown and gently comb back the hair to create volume.
- Next, separate a section of hair from the part to the left ear.
- Put them out of the way with an alligator clip.
- Now take a piece of hair on the heavy side of the part and divide it into three sections for the waterfall braid.
- Cross the front strand over the middle, then cross the rear strand over the middle.
- Lower the front strand and bring a strand of hair from behind by putting it in its place.
- Cross the back strand over the middle and bring a strand of hair into the strand.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 until the braid reaches the left side of the neck.
- Braid the hair into a regular braid and tie the end with an elastic band.
- Now make a French braid with the waterfall threads, so take a strand of hair on the right side near the face and divide it into three parts.
- Cross the lower strand over the middle and then over the upper strand (the waterfall) over the middle.
- Cross the floor and bring in a section.
- Cross the upper strand and bring in a Wasserfalzstück.
- Continue to braid in a normal French braid until all hair is braided and ends on the left side of the neck.
- Grab a clear elastic band and wrap your hair.
- Wrap the ribbon a second time, but do not pull your hair all the way.
- Pull pieces of bread roll and secure them against the head, forming a lumpy style bun.
- Pull gently on the French braid of the waterfall to make the braid more dramatic.
- Now create a fishtail braid on the left side where the hair was split in step 2.
- Wrap the braid over the bun and fix the end.